As a leading architectural, engineering, and land surveying firm serving northeastern New York State, AES Northeast is constantly on the lookout for talented staff who would like to work in a progressive environment while living near the Adirondack Mountains and Lake Champlain Valley.
AES Northeast offers excellent salary opportunities and a competitive benefit package. Resumes should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Be sure to include the phrase ‘AES Employment in the subject line of your message to avoid our spam filter. We are currently seeking:
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER / DESIGNER:
Minimum of three years experience in building systems and infrastructure design.
Duties shall include preparation of electrical calculations, CAD drawings and specifications for power distribution, data, and communications related to commercial building construction and water/wastewater processes and controls, and site development.
• Candidate shall have knowledge of relevant electrical codes, standards, concepts, principles, practices, established procedures, and be able to work closely and communicate and coordinate with engineering staff, clients, and contractors
• Bachelors degree in electrical engineering required, EIT certification preferred
• Minimum one year experience in AutoCAD operation required
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefit package
E-mail cover letter and resume to: email@example.com Be sure to include the phrase ‘AES Employment’ in the subject line of your message to avoid our spam filter.
RESIDENT PROJECT REPRESENTATIVE
Background in construction administration on building and municipal infrastructure projects
Ability to interpret detailed plans and specifications
Proficient verbal and written communication skills
Seasonal, full time
MECHANICAL ENGINEER/DESIGNER (MED)
This title may also be classified at AES Northeast as one of the following, depending on level of experience:
• Engineering Technician I
• Engineering Technicial II
• EIT I
• EIT II
• Professional Engineer
Prerequisites: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, and;
Three years of prior work experience in building systems and/or infrastructure design, and;
One year of prior work experience using AutoCad
Supervisor: This position reports to either the Principal Engineer In Charge of the Water Resources (WR) Group or the Principal Engineer in Charge of the Building Systems Group
Basic Job Description/Duties
WR Group Team member, providing design assistance to WR group and other disciplines relating to water/wastewater treatment systems, mechanical, and/or plumbing system designs, such as, but not limited to:
Water Systems: System modeling, filter systems, well systems, storage tanks, booster pumps, etc.
Wastewater Systems: Preliminary, primary, secondary treatment, solids handling, pumping stations, etc.
Heating Systems: Hydronic and steam piping, piping insulation, boilers, pumps, appurtenances, controls, etc.
Plumbing Systems: Sanitary piping, domestic hot and cold water piping, hot water generation, piping insulation, pump systems, fuel and gas systems, laboratory piping, etc.
Ventilation Systems: Air delivery, fan systems, air handlers, process systems, specialized exhaust systems,
Air Conditioning Systems: Direct expansion, chilled water, refrigerant systems, chillers, pumps, controls, etc.
Summary of Job Duties:
• Perform code research, expand knowledge of codes and standards
• System layout and coordination
• Sizing and selection, spreadsheet development
• Basic estimating
• Specification writing
• Preparation of reports
• Understanding of development of Basis of Design
• Understanding of relevant codes and standards
• Code research
• CADD drafting of mechanical and plumbing systems
• Assistance with proposal development, including hourly estimates
• Mentoring of new staff, including some staff training.
The above list contains basic duties required of the MED. This list may not include all of the duties required of the MED. This list may be updated from time to time.
Architect registered in New York State, or ability to become registered in NY
Opportunity to grow into leadership role in our expanding architectural department